Strange WHS properties... RRS feed

• Question

• I have just added 3- 2TB Samsung drives and a SATA controller to my WHS.  From my Win7 machine when I bring up the mapped drive to the Videos share on the WHS it shows up as "Red" and when I right click on this and bring up the properties are all wacked.

http://www.youshare.com/thumperyz69/9bd72236d7b00e41.PNG.html

The drives were added to the WHS storage flawlessy and they show as healthy??? 

Sunday, May 16, 2010 4:47 AM

Answers

• This is "by design". The way Drive Extender works allows it to give the full capacity of the storage pool as the capacity of each share, but it can't do anything about the actual drive size, which is also reported. I doubt that Microsoft can fix it, given how Drive Extender V1 works. Drive Extender in Vail is a completely different beast, and doesn't have this cosmetic issue.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, May 16, 2010 5:12 AM

All replies

• This is "by design". The way Drive Extender works allows it to give the full capacity of the storage pool as the capacity of each share, but it can't do anything about the actual drive size, which is also reported. I doubt that Microsoft can fix it, given how Drive Extender V1 works. Drive Extender in Vail is a completely different beast, and doesn't have this cosmetic issue.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, May 16, 2010 5:12 AM
  • Thanks Ken....
    Sunday, May 16, 2010 5:38 PM