skipped a step with MigrateOcsGlobalSettings.vbs RRS feed

• Question

• We were running the MigrateOcsGlobalSettings.vbs scripts for OCS and preparing the forest for R2

Unfortuantely, one of the MigrateOcsGlobalSettings.vbs steps were missed:
    cscript MigrateOcsGlobalSettings.vbs /Action: DeleteSystemGlobalSettingsTree

Now, the OCS console is showing two pools and the MigrateOcsGlobalSettings.vbs script won't run because it the schema has already been upgraded.

We were wondering if we could delete
    ...CN=System,CN=Microsoft,CN=RTC Service from the domain via ADSIEdit?

Thanks,
    Joseph Durnal

Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:30 PM

Answers

• That script is used to migrate settings from the Settings stored in AD from the System container to the Configuration container. This means that right now you have settings in both the System Container and the Configuration container. So if you are looking to delete settings using ADSIEDIT.  you will need to make sure you are deleting them from the correct place i.e. system container.
    Mitchr |MCITP:Enterprise Server Admin, Messaging |MCTS:OCS with Voice Achievement |MCT
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:47 PM

All replies

• If I remember correctly you can run the script with that last step and it will take care of it. I had a customer do that a couple of weeks ago. and that evening he ran that step and all was good.
    Mitchr |MCITP:Enterprise Server Admin, Messaging |MCTS:OCS with Voice Achievement |MCT
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:35 PM
  • That was the first thing we tried, it seems to check the schema version.  Since we've already upgraded the shema, it wouldn't run.  I'm trying to interperate teh script now and see exactly what it does.
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:39 PM
  • That script is used to migrate settings from the Settings stored in AD from the System container to the Configuration container. This means that right now you have settings in both the System Container and the Configuration container. So if you are looking to delete settings using ADSIEDIT.  you will need to make sure you are deleting them from the correct place i.e. system container.
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:47 PM
  • That worked

Thanks,
    Joseph Durnal
    Friday, July 17, 2009 4:02 PM