Steps in adding a 2nd PC into the circle. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I first installed Live One Care into my laptop. Then into my desktop. I would like to use my laptop as the hub. My questions are:

1. How do i add my 2nd pc (desktop) into my circle? Somehow, the software on my desktop thinks I am using a trial software.

2. I tried following the steps indicated in my Live One, but just can't find the step by step process of how to do it?

Can you please list the steps that i need to do.

3. How do I know that I had successfully setup my laptop as a hub?

By the way, Live One is working well on my laptop.

thanks a lot in advance!
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 10:47 PM

Answers

• Hello ntumo, I think not having your desktop activated is causing the issues with creating a hub and a One Care Circle. On your desktop open One Care, select "Subscribe" and when asked for a Live ID use the Live ID and password originally used to purchase your subscription. This will activate One Care on your desktop and will enable designating a hub computer and forming a One Care Circle.
    Jim
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 5:01 AM

All replies

• Hello ntumo, I think not having your desktop activated is causing the issues with creating a hub and a One Care Circle. On your desktop open One Care, select "Subscribe" and when asked for a Live ID use the Live ID and password originally used to purchase your subscription. This will activate One Care on your desktop and will enable designating a hub computer and forming a One Care Circle.
    Jim
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 5:01 AM
  •   

If your subscription to OneCare shows as still trial mode after purchase and activation in OneCare

• Verify that you have a clear Internet connection - no other security programs running.
    • Check your PC date and time.
    • Check your subscription status by logging in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com
    • Confirm that this is the same LiveID shown to be the Subscription ID in OneCare - Help/About...

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90 

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Monday, January 19, 2009 6:06 PM