my windows xp version RRS feed

• Question

• My computer has windows xp installed from Dell 5 years ago now it is saying it is not a valid windows xp my question is could I reinstall my cd for windows xp would that solve the problem ?  Also  it  runs very slow what could I do to make it run a little faster, I have cleaned up the c drive constantly anything else I can do for that ?
    Monday, March 23, 2009 6:30 PM

Answers

• Hello Karebearjulien,

Thank you for posting in the WGA Forum today :-). Sounds like your computer is having some problems. Has your Dell ever been turned in for repairs whatsoever? Using the Dell Recovery Media disc that came with your computer should put your system back to new. Remember to visit Windows Update and install Service Pack 2 and 3. Also there will be other updates for SP 3. Hopefully this will help you out. Should you need further assistance with installing Windows please visit Dell Technical Support.

Take care,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Monday, March 23, 2009 8:31 PM
    Monday, March 23, 2009 8:31 PM