Web Referencing - absolutely mystified RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am the proud owner of a trial version of CRM.  It's sitting on my Virtual PC.  I have a shared drive.  I even created a Virtual Web in IIS - brandtCRM.  I bought a CRM book which told me to do this.  Period.  It didn't tell me why or how I was to use it.  Just that it would be useful.  Not really, if you don't explain yourself!  Now I have a virtual directory set up.  I assume this is supposed to help me link to my web services somehow.  This is something akin to stopping by and giving the Wright brothers one or two parts to build an interstellar craft. "Go to it boys!" 

Anyway, I tried to start up a project on my local machine.  After all, it's all about the SDK.  I create an ASP.NET project in Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 express edition.  I go to add web references.  I enter in http://crm/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx and click "Go".  I get this message: "remote name could not be resolved."  So how about it? Care to break caste from the CRM elite and help a newcomer make his webservice available to his local machine?

I really appreciate whoever answers.  You'd be doing me a huge favour.  Someday I'll return it.

Thursday, November 22, 2007 9:30 PM

Answers

• Can you open this link through IE on your development machine? Look likes a DNS issue.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:32 AM