none
Is there a way to change how the theme displays in WLW?

Question

• I recently changed my blog's theme to more of a 'magazine' style layout on the main page. Posts are shown in a narrow column, with only a thumbnail image and an excerpt.  Individual posts are still shown full-screen when you click on the title or navigate directly to a specific permalink.

When I updated the theme in WLW, it came out as how the posts appear on the main page - very narrow column, and in a series of what appear to be text boxes, instead of just straight text. Right now I have the theme turned off for this site, but being able to edit and see how my posts will look right within my sites' themes is one of the main reasons that I use WLW to begin with.

Does anyone know if there's a way to specify that I want WLW to refresh the theme using the single post template - not the main (front) page template?  Thanks!
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 5:41 AM

Answers

• Sorry--it's not currently possible. If you're an expert with HTML you can try editing the blog templates directly, they're located under here:

On Vista:
    %LocalAppData%\Windows Live Writer\blogtemplates\

On XP:
    %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Windows Live Writer\blogtemplates\
    • Marked as answer by DebMomOf3 Monday, June 22, 2009 4:53 AM
    Friday, June 19, 2009 10:04 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Sorry--it's not currently possible. If you're an expert with HTML you can try editing the blog templates directly, they're located under here:

On Vista:
    %LocalAppData%\Windows Live Writer\blogtemplates\

On XP:
    %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Windows Live Writer\blogtemplates\
    • Marked as answer by DebMomOf3 Monday, June 22, 2009 4:53 AM
    Friday, June 19, 2009 10:04 PM
    Owner
  • Ok, I was afraid of that.  Thanks for the answer!
    Monday, June 22, 2009 4:54 AM