Help with Windows 7 Professional 64Bit Activation and Genuine Windows RRS feed

• Question

• My wife had a company computer that became hers upon her medical residency completion; it was part of her pay.  For residency she used an HP Compaq 6730b Energy Star with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.  The computer then became hers.  Before she left, the IT department had to wipe her laptop for obvious HIPAA reasons.  We got the computer back the day we moved out of state (June 29, 2013).  When we tried to access the computer, we found that an administrator code was still needed.  We couldn't get in.  I used Ubuntu to reset the password.  Windows worked fine. On May 8, we did our last working Windows Update.  We were at my parents.  When the update completed, we could no longer get into Windows with her password.  I had to wait until we were home so I could read the directions and use Ubuntu again to reset the password.

I finally got around to it.  Now I'm told that Windows isn't genuine.  The only reason I can think of this is the fact I had to use Ubuntu to hack the password.  I tried to restore the computer.  The oldest restore point was the May 8th update, I'm not sure why there aren't others prior to it.  Going to that restore point, I still get the same issue... not genuine Windows.  Windows is genuine and provided.  But my wife isn't an employee at that hospital anymore and doesn't have access to their IT dept, nor do we live in the same state, let alone the same area.  Is there any fix for this?  Thank you

Saturday, June 7, 2014 4:05 AM

Answers

• To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
     Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
     To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Saturday, June 7, 2014 8:18 AM