none
Lost Reply RRS feed

• Question

• I was doing a reply in the thread I started today whe I noticed the "Vote" buttons on existing posts.  I voted there and then only to find that my in progress reply had disappeared,  When I tried to start again I got a message asking me to close the one in progress before starting another one.  The problem is that the one in progress has disappeared, so I can't.
    What do you mean by "signature"? I am damned if I will scan mine in!
    • Moved by Lori Dirks Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:24 PM forum issue (From:Expression Community Site Feedback)
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:43 PM

Answers

• Hi JimmyHamilton,

I'm sorry you experienced an issue with the Forum Software.  I'm moving this thread to the Forums Issues forum so the team that manages the forums can take a look.

Generally speaking, in these forums user tasks are discrete and each task needs to be completed (like a reply) before a new task is initiated (like a vote) otherwise you risk losing your work in progress (as happened to you).

Thanks,

Lori

• Marked as answer by Lori Dirks Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:24 PM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hi JimmyHamilton,

I'm sorry you experienced an issue with the Forum Software.  I'm moving this thread to the Forums Issues forum so the team that manages the forums can take a look.

Generally speaking, in these forums user tasks are discrete and each task needs to be completed (like a reply) before a new task is initiated (like a vote) otherwise you risk losing your work in progress (as happened to you).

Thanks,

Lori

• Marked as answer by Lori Dirks Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:24 PM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:23 PM
  • I got bitten by this problem a couple of times. Rule of tumb - if you're writing a response, never try another action (such as voting, deleting another reply, etc.). Finish with the reply, submit and only after that you will be able to vote. Otherwise you'll lose the reply - happened to me more than once.

If you got the above message, you need to go out of the thread (say, pressing back button on the browser) and then re-enter.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    • Proposed as answer by Blackwood Wednesday, August 17, 2011 3:53 AM
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 1:28 AM