off topic - Drag n Drop not working with desktop icon on Win7. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

We have an application icon on desktop. If I drag and drop any file / folder to the MyApp desktop icon. Then it works fine on Windows XP and Vista. But, the same process is not working with Windows Ultimate 7. Also it is not getting focus while holding any file / folder on the MyApp desktop icon.

Other functionalities are working fine on all platforms; like doubleclick, rightclick->open file, etc.

Also Win7 can move file / folder using drag and drop functionality.

So request you to suggest me why this is happening and is there any way to overcome this issue?

Thank you.

With regards,

Shashikant
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:48 PM

All replies

• You're *way* off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare.

Windows 7 is an Alpha/Developer's preview. What led you to think that this would be the forum for asking questions about it? You need to contact whomever gave you access to the build regarding feedback channels available to you.

-steve

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:55 PM
  • I used Onccare and not drag and drop is not working.  That strikes me as appropriate for the forum - the window on the page is overlapping with text so I haven't a clue what I just typed....
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 2:05 AM
  • Let's try that again - now I have a useable window -

I used OneCare and now drag and drop will not work on the computer.  I have not a clue where to go for help, how to undo what Onecare did or where one should post this. 

Saturday, December 27, 2008 2:07 AM
  • DeeKat, I replied to your post in the Tune - Up Folder.
    Jim
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 3:51 AM