Installing Sqeezbox? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello members

I am thinking of buying the above mentioned hardware. Does anyone know how well/or not so good it runs with or on WHS and how or where it is installed if all media is on the WHS?

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.
    Thanks
    NT

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:43 AM

Answers

• Ken is right. You install the Squeezecenter software on the WHS. IT's a pretty straightforward process and not too difficult. I have a Squeezebox Duet running on WHS for some time now. Works like a charm. So yes... go for it. If you have additional questions let me know okay?

Robbert
    Saturday, December 20, 2008 3:03 PM

All replies

• You will need to install the SqueezeCenter application on your server, I believe. I don't know from personal experience how easy or hard configuring it is, but I know some users have managed to do this. You should probably do searches here for Squeezebox and for Squeezecenter. You should also check the vendor's web site for any recommendations they may have regarding Windows Home Server.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 3:13 PM
  • Ken is right. You install the Squeezecenter software on the WHS. IT's a pretty straightforward process and not too difficult. I have a Squeezebox Duet running on WHS for some time now. Works like a charm. So yes... go for it. If you have additional questions let me know okay?

Robbert
    Saturday, December 20, 2008 3:03 PM
  • Thanks Ken and Punkmachine
    The sqeezbox is in the mail and I can't wait till I can finally install a new toy!
    How it is with new toys, they just take ever to arrive.
    Punkmachine thanks for the offer and it wouldn't be the first time I would get stuck and in need of help.
    Great forum and great people here!!
    Saturday, December 20, 2008 6:04 PM