CRM 2011/2013 - Default Criteria in advanced find RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

two customers ask me the same questions (one is using CRM 2011 and one is using 2013) and ask, if it is possible to have default criteria for personal views?
    for example if the user is opening the advance find screen and select to create a new personal views it will always say by default created on this week

Thursday, September 11, 2014 6:15 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Personal views are saved in userquery entity, so you can try to write a pre create plugin on userquery to define it's fetchxml attribute

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328457.aspx

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:19 AM
  • Hello Mahender,

I thought about that but the user want to see the final query as he edit it, if there is no other "OOB" way then this will be the way I will go
    (I will need to check if there is already the criteria in order no to create a duplicate)

Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:24 AM
  • Hi,

I don't think there is any OOB way of doing it, but there could be a workaround to create a view and save it with your required criteria and use that just like a template, so that they do modification on this and use SaveAs to save their new view.

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, September 11, 2014 8:12 AM
  • Hello Mahender,

I thought one of default public view or is it quick find view of an entity appears - with the columns and filter criteria when opening an advanced find and the same can be saved as personal view - with or without modifications.

is that not the case?

regards,

Jithesh

Thursday, September 11, 2014 1:26 PM
  • One other option could be add filter criteria for all the entitie's (like mostly used entities) advance find view as Created on last week, so while try will try to create a new advance find view it will have the default filter as last week.

Friday, September 12, 2014 7:46 AM