How will the release of Server 2008 R2 affect the content of the MCITP certification exams? RRS feed

• Question

• Will the release of Server 2008 R2 affect the content of the MCITP certification exams?  If so, how soon are the changes likely to be made to the exams themselves?  I ask this because I don't want to be caught this Fall or Winter with study materials that were published before R2 was released, and an exam that has been updated to reflect the new features of R2.

Secondly, will there be a need for professionals with MCITP credentials earned before the release to "upgrade" their certification to reflect the new features, or will they continue to be treated as fully certified for Server 2008?

Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Lewis,

Releasing Server 2008 R2 won’t effect the Server 2008 Certifications (MCTS/MCITP). You don’t even have to worry about upgrading your skills if Microsoft releases version R2 or R3.

Microsoft doesn’t change their Certifications based on the Releases (R2/R3). There might be some exam questions get added from the R2 upgrade but I doubt which will happen anytime soon. It usually takes a while to add these questions in the exam.

At this point, I would suggest you prepare for regular MCITP track and don’t worry about the R2.

Hope this is helpful.

Rubel Khan
    • Proposed as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, January 7, 2010 4:19 AM
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:33 AM