none
Windows 10 KB4511553 and Windows 7 KB4512506 causes System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A0005) RRS feed

• Question

• Our .NET Application will not work after update Windows 10 KB4511553 and Windows 7 KB4512506. The Error is System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A0005): Invalid procedure call or argument. Removing the update will fix the issue but we would like to know if there is a different solution to this. The full stack trace within our error logs is An unhandled exception was detected in the application's ThreadException handler System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A0005): Invalid procedure call or argument at HotelExecutiveDll._StartupAndInitalise.InitaliseHotelExecutive(ApplicationLayer_HotelExecutive_Setup_XmlRecordset& XmlAdoRecordset, ApplicationLayer_HotelExecutiveFileManager& FileManager, ApplicationLayer_ComUtilityFunctions& ComUtilityFunctions, ApplicationLayer_HotelExecutive_LegacyToolbarFunctions& ToolbarFunctions, String UserRef, Int16 l_PassLevel, Int32 l_HotId) at RemoteRateManager.DashboardBase._Closure$__2._Lambda$__9() in #Hyh:line 328 at RemoteRateManager.DashboardB
    Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Stuart C Gray,

Thank you for posting here.

I find your porblem is more related to the update of your Windows 10 and windows 7, so I suggest you ask your question in Windows 10 Technet Forums or Windows 7 Technet Forums for better help.

The CLR Forum discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection. Also discuss all the other Microsoft libraries that are built on or extend the .NET Framework, including Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF), Charting Controls, CardSpace, Windows Identity Foundation (WIF), Point of Sale (POS), Transactions.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 16, 2019 9:05 AM
  • Our problem is almost exactly the same in all cases, the .net program aborts with "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A0005): Invalid procedure call or argument" on the initial form load of each .NET program.

I really do think this is a .NET problem and this IS the appropriate forum.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:55 AM
  • I think your library may got hit with the last known problem in KB4511553 (Your problem is related to COM which VB6/VBA relies heavily on, so could be related), which said could be fixed by installing optional update KB4512534 (If this don't show up in your update list, you may try to get it from Windows Update Catalog directly).

As for KB4512506, this is update rollup for previous updates, so the root cause could be the same. Just see if the above patch can fix your problem.

Btw, while this problem is related to programming, I think those folks in Technet Forum should be able to get this information for you too.

• Edited by cheong00 Thursday, August 29, 2019 1:54 AM
    Thursday, August 29, 2019 1:50 AM