Can I use an HP UCSB 16GB flash drive to backup my files (Have Windows XP) to improve status of Live Once Care beyond "fair" RRS feed

• Question

• Am not really too swift with computers, so if answer is yes to above "title" question ... can you direct me how to proceed.
    If no, I then need to know where I can get precise directions on how to perform a back-up, like, what do I need and what should I back up.
    Thanks
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 5:13 PM

Answers

• You should be able to use that flash drive to back up your files. File selection for backup is automatic so all you have to do is configure backup. To configure backup insert your backup device, open One Care>Change Settings>Backup>Configure Backup. A wizard will open and guide you through configuring backup.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 5:39 PM

All replies

• You should be able to use that flash drive to back up your files. File selection for backup is automatic so all you have to do is configure backup. To configure backup insert your backup device, open One Care>Change Settings>Backup>Configure Backup. A wizard will open and guide you through configuring backup.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 5:39 PM
  • Note that you can also disable OneCare backup for your PC, if desired. Simply configure backup and then uncheck the option "turn on backup  for this PC." Of course, this means that you risk losing all of your files in the PC has a problem.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, August 24, 2009 1:19 AM