PCI Simple Communications Controller with new sata controller RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have been stuck for 2 days with my problem.

I bought a Pcie Silicon Image SiI 3132 SATALink Controller', the drivers are installed but I still have listed under device manager "PCI Simple Communications Controller" (ven_8086&Dev29A4), therefore I cannot add my new HDD.

My motherboard is an asus P5B-V with Intel Q965 Chipset.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Jerome

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:11 AM

Answers

• Jerome, the error you're seeing probably isn't from the SATA controller you just installed. Microsoft has an article in their knowledgebase on determining what that hardware really is.
    Friday, January 18, 2008 12:42 PM
  •  

8086:29A4 is the Intel HECI device (Host Embedded Controller Interface).  You can safetly ignore it unless you need to do AMT stuff on the server.

-- Starfox

Sunday, January 20, 2008 11:14 PM

All replies

• Jerome, which drivers did you use when installing the card. From a quick look at SI's website, IF I've got the right card! it doesn't appear to have server 2003 drivers available.

You could try removing all the current driver, let the system re-discover the hardware and then try the XP drivers.

Colin

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 6:36 PM
  • Hi, I removed the drivers again, then retry from their 2003 server drivers. it seems to work even if I still have the same message.

At least it works now.

Friday, January 18, 2008 8:13 AM
  • Jerome, the error you're seeing probably isn't from the SATA controller you just installed. Microsoft has an article in their knowledgebase on determining what that hardware really is.
    Friday, January 18, 2008 12:42 PM
  • Hi it seems it is an intel but not sure what it is.
    Everything seems to work so fare so I will leave it as it is and won't bother anybody on that forum.
    You all already been great.
    I used the CD for the motherboard but could not fing the right driver.
    Thx :-)

Device Id Chip Description Vendor Id Vendor Name
    0x29A4 n/a 0x8086 Intel

Sunday, January 20, 2008 4:45 PM
  •  

8086:29A4 is the Intel HECI device (Host Embedded Controller Interface).  You can safetly ignore it unless you need to do AMT stuff on the server.

-- Starfox

Sunday, January 20, 2008 11:14 PM
  • Thx a million, I shall ignore it
    Monday, January 21, 2008 8:11 AM
  • it is Intel HECI driver you can download from Gigabyte website

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/DigitalHome/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2243

Saturday, February 27, 2010 4:43 AM