Is install of email router on the CRM 2011 server supported? RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the process of installing a new CRM2011 OnPrimise environment.  I have the CRM server up and running and have imported a 4.0 organization into it.  This is all working fine.  My question is, is installing the email router on the CRM server supported?  We only have a couple of users and have minimul email traffice generated by the CRM server so I don't beleive there will be a load issue.

Thank you,

John

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 12:34 AM

Answers

• I think the only real recommendation is that you don't install it on an Exchange server. Beyond that is comes down to server capacity/load - with minimal use it should be fine sharing a server with the main application.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Implementation Guide

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:26 AM
  • It is supported and it seems that more and more customers are going that way. A lot of Exchange admins dont want the router installed on the Exchange servers anymore.

There really is no right or wrong place to install it, just make sure it have enough resources for it.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:29 AM

All replies

• I think the only real recommendation is that you don't install it on an Exchange server. Beyond that is comes down to server capacity/load - with minimal use it should be fine sharing a server with the main application.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Implementation Guide

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:26 AM
  • It is supported and it seems that more and more customers are going that way. A lot of Exchange admins dont want the router installed on the Exchange servers anymore.

There really is no right or wrong place to install it, just make sure it have enough resources for it.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:29 AM