none
Uninterruptable Power Supply Add-in! Beta Testers! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Looking for anyone who has some sort of uninterruptable power supply (UPS) / battery backup device connected to their Windows Home Server via USB, Serial, Parallel connection etc; or if are thinking about getting a UPS to help protect your Windows Home Server from power-problems and you are comfortable with beta-testing - please visit www.gridjunction.com for more information and or comment below.

Thank you

Monday, May 5, 2008 6:13 PM

All replies

• I am currently using a 'Ultra ULT33045 Backup UPS 1500VA/900W w/AVR' with mine...though it is simply plugged into it and the USB connection is going to a PC for monitoring purposes.  Is that good enough for beta testing?
    Tuesday, May 6, 2008 6:26 PM
  • Hello,

I have an APC Back-UPS Pro 1400  linked in RS232 / Com 1 to my WHS

My WHS : 
    Hardw.  : Asus P4P800E dl , Intel PIV 3.2c, 2 Go Ram, 6 x Sata 2 HD ( 3.3 To))
    Softw.  : WHS OEM version

Actually, I set the UPS power managment of WHS on "American Power Conversion / Back UPS pro / "

I can test for you your software project
    -> Tell me !

Best regards from France
    Thursday, May 8, 2008 7:07 AM
  • I signed up for the Grid Juction best test and this addin works great.  I ran a test on it last night.  This will be a must have addin for anyone that runs a UPS.  A dependable UPS is a must have when running a RAID array.

APC Back-UPS XS 1500 LCD

Intel P4 3GHZ

1.5 Gig Ram

Promise SX6000 RAID 5, (5) 500 Gig drives using 1 as hot spare

Sunday, May 11, 2008 12:50 PM
  • Well, I signed up twice but no reply.  What's going on?

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 1:02 PM
  • My guess is maybe he has not had a chance to check it.  He replied to mine I think within a day if I remember right.

Thursday, June 5, 2008 10:36 PM
  • I guess.  Strange though.

Thursday, June 5, 2008 11:07 PM
  • I applied sunday and received a response on wednesday, i read on the forum that a newer version will be available shortly I think these guys are just very busy - Paranoia!  The adding works well and I was actually impressed with it, the only problem i have is that my battery name looks like @$@#%@#$DFSDFG@#$.

-Dieter

Thursday, June 5, 2008 11:22 PM
  • I am sure they are busy.  So am I.  I applied again.  Just like to have a reply one way or the other.  Forum members should be courteous to one another!

Thursday, June 5, 2008 11:27 PM
  • GIVE ME THAT ADDIN NOW

What email provider do you use? check your junk mail folder i always find stuff i need hiding in my junk folder.

-Dieter

Thursday, June 5, 2008 11:58 PM
  • If you applied once, I would give Alex a chance to repond. Applying multiple times is just more information he has to sort thru.

Friday, June 6, 2008 1:32 AM
  • @TMG01
    I am sorry to hear that you have been having a hard time getting in touch with us; but I thank you for your interest and persistence on the matter.

I believe I have identified you out of today’s beta request pool using your message ;0) and I think I was able to match you to your prior request (email differs) using your provided name.
    Please note that we are grateful to anyone who takes the time to request the beta version and we do not purposely exclude anyone from the beta. The current beta workflow via email is vastly inefficient and at times repetitive - I am actively looking into improvements that can be made and am open always to any suggestions or criticism.

In case my emails are not finding their way to you, please add kentdome.com to your junk filter exclusion rules / white list.

Thank you,
    Alexander

Friday, June 6, 2008 2:53 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.  Got your emails today and have downloaded and installed the Add-In.  So far it looks great and works fine.  I'll let you know in a few days after it runs for awhile.  Thanks again.

Ted

Friday, June 6, 2008 2:55 AM
  • GridJunction 1.1 Available Now

Changelog

• Revised: Windows Home Server Shutdown graceful methodology
    • Revised: event notifications and logging system
    • Windows Events auditing improvement
    • Fixed: battery name issue
    • Fixed: Event hyperlinks in client environments
    • Fixed: Battery Critical event raised when battery levels reach within 10% relative to shutdown margin
    • Fixed: Critical Error! Please try to uninstall and re-install GridJunction message at shutdown
    • Fixed: Battery Name Exception or Generic Failure
    • Added: Windows UPS Battery Alerts deactivation
    • Serial RS232 connections are no longer supported; USB connection is required
    Saturday, June 14, 2008 6:13 AM
  •  Alexander K wrote:
    GridJunction 1.1 Available Now

Changelog

• Serial RS232 connections are no longer supported; USB connection is required

And .. what about  UPS without USB ?

Mine is an APC Back-UPS pro 1400 : no USB, but an RS-232

Thanks Smile
    Sunday, August 10, 2008 11:50 AM
  • Sounds like a personal problem!

Sunday, August 10, 2008 7:01 PM
  • I have a Ultra ULT33046 that uses UPSMON but upsmon is not working under windows 10. So I can use any suggestion or help I can get. If this qualifies I would be happy to test it out. No upsmon means The battery backup is just a boat anchor now.

Monday, January 25, 2016 12:36 AM