Outlook is asking to configure every time I open outlook. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am using VPN connection to connect to the exchange server for emails.

I configured my exchange email settings in my outlook. It is opening and start updating folders, once it get updated fully, if we close and reopen outlook again it will ask to configure form the beginning.

I spoke to my IT team regarding my outlook profile in the server, they replied that profile is ok and ask me to check local PC.

Regards,

Mohamed Tharik.K

Thursday, April 3, 2014 7:19 AM

All replies

• These instructions only apply to Exchange accounts, not VT Google Apps Mail accounts.

1. Start Outlook.
    2. View the accounts.
      • In 2007, from the Tools drop-down list, select Account Settings....
      • In 2010 / 2013, under the File tab, click the Account Settings button, and select Account Settings....
    3. To the right of the title of your account, verify that the type is Exchange.
    4. Close Outlook.
    5. Click the Start button.
    6. Type: <kbd style="margin:0px;padding:5px;border:1px solid rgb(221, 212, 201);font-family:'Lucida Console', 'Courier New', Courier, monospace;font-size:inherit;font-style:inherit;font-variant:inherit;font-weight:inherit;line-height:inherit;vertical-align:baseline;background-color:#ffffff;">control panel</kbd>
    7. As you type, results will appear and change. Select Control Panel.
    8. Click the User Accounts and Family Safety link.
    9. Click the Mail link.
    10. Click the Show Profiles... button.
    11. Under When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile:, select the Prompt for a profile to be used radio button.
    12. Click the Apply button.
    13. Click OK.
    14. Close all windows.
    Monday, April 7, 2014 2:22 AM