WHS 20011: Dashboard not showing drives/folders RRS feed

• Question

• I've had the same problem where when I look for Server Folders and Hardrives in the console I see "Refreshing the list of items..."

The last action I took with the console before this had happend was to move a folder from one drive to another. I think the destination dirve had a problem with its sata connection or power because the folder has not moved and once in the past I have seen that destination drive dissappear until I opened the case and reconnected both the leads.

So when I run the cleanup task it never finishes and same goes for the consistency checker. all drives are there and I can read write to the folders. I tried to open the server backup option box and it has been stuck  "loading data" for hours.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:18 PM

All replies

• Have you tried a reboot?
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Monday, June 13, 2011 12:08 AM
  • Yes, I've tried a reboot a couple of times. Just sitting on a Consistency Check a few hours in and will let it go over night. and restart again. Odd behavior.
    Monday, June 13, 2011 12:23 PM
  • let the Consistency Check run all night and it is still running no change.
    Monday, June 13, 2011 9:33 PM
  • Did anyone find a fix for this?

I just rebooted the server to install updates, and now it just is refreshing both the folder list and the hard drive list.   What should I do?

Thanks. 

Friday, July 22, 2011 4:31 PM
  • Reinstall.
    Ben Ogilvie www.hdtvtoyz.com
    Friday, July 22, 2011 4:34 PM
  • Volume Shadow Copy Service was causing mine to do this (as well as some other weired things). I am using raid 5 on a addin card, don't know if that was causing the VSS issues or not, but turning VSS off on my drives fixed the issues I was having. I had tried a reinstall prior to that but it did not resolve the issue, only turning off VSS fixed it. You may want to chase after that one and see if it fixes your issues.
    Friday, July 22, 2011 7:03 PM
  • Go back to WHS v1.  There is a reason it now costs twice as much as WHS 2011.  ;p)

BullDawg
    In God We Trust

Did anyone find a fix for this?

I just rebooted the server to install updates, and now it just is refreshing both the folder list and the hard drive list. What should I do?

Thanks.

BullDawg
    Friday, July 22, 2011 11:16 PM