Ribbon Workbench and Advanced Find questions RRS feed

• Question

• I am working with custom activities and running a workflow from a custom button on these. I was able to hid the "activate" button on the form and create my own button that runs a workflow and only shows when the record is in a inactive state however when I look at these same records in advanced find I see both the activate and my custom button active in there when any record is selected. I don't seem to be able to find where these are within the ribbon workbench. How do I make changes to the ribbon on the advanced find menu for custom activities if it is possible at all.

Thanks!

Friday, January 15, 2016 5:18 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Could you please post a screenshot that shows issue you face?

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Friday, January 15, 2016 5:47 PM
  • I am trying to hide the activate button when this custom activity is chosen in advanced find and to only show the activate deliverable button when the selected deliverable activity is closed (inactive) to run a custom workflow for activating the deliverable.

Jenn

Friday, January 15, 2016 5:54 PM
  • Have you hidden Activate button in Home/Subgrid sections of ribbon workbench as it shown on following screenshot?

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Friday, January 15, 2016 6:19 PM
  • Yes I have hidden the activate button for Home and Form. I do not see the option on subgrid within the ribbon workbench for the custom activity. I do not want to hide deactivate as that option should still be available to the users.

Friday, January 15, 2016 6:56 PM
  • Jennifer,

You can get help from this link.

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/22632eca-ac3c-4ab9-bc23-0fd81f353f7c/ms-crm-2011-to-remove-add-new-lead-on-advanced-find?forum=crmdeployment

Friday, January 15, 2016 9:30 PM