none
Using a video capture card with WebCam Class RRS feed

• Question

• So here is the dilemma. I am trying to take an analog video signal that splits into RCA cables and use an analog to digital video/audio capture card to convert the signal to something that I can plug into my PC and use with a webcam class.

Here is the capture card: 

https://www.amazon.com/Top-Longer-Video-Grabber-Audio-Windows/dp/B01H1J21FE/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1515621354&sr=8-23&keywords=analog+to+digital+video+converter

Is this possible?

What other ways are there to convert an analog RCA video signal (white, yellow and red cables) into a video signal that can be interpreted by the Webcam Class is visual studio? I need to be able to plug a USB cable into my computer which converts this signal, and display it in a box within my visual studio application. Are there any other alternatives to this?

Thank you for your help

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:02 PM

All replies

• Hi AppBoi,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Your issue is related to video capture card, I suggest you could post to RCA video signal forum or Webcam forum for a professional answer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Judy ZhuY Monday, January 15, 2018 9:12 AM
    Thursday, January 11, 2018 7:50 AM