none
Microsoft Band Unavailable

General discussion

• Microsoft representatives:

I was very disappointed to find that even though I was requesting the purchase of a MS Band on the telephone with a Microsoft Store representative at the moment that the MS Band purchase period supposedly began, I was told by that representative that the supplies had already been sold out.  In my opinion, this is a terrible way to distribute hot new items like the Microsoft Bands when they are in limited numbers. I hope that the Microsoft store can devise a more suitable method of distribution.  One that doesn't leave it's prospective customers with the inescapable impression of dishonesty and marketing underhandedness.  My suggestion is that when someone posts their name on a contact list indicating their interest in purchasing these items, an reservation code should be immediately sent to the poster.  When the product becomes available, a second Email would be sent stating that the interested person has 24 hours to use their reservation code to purchase the item.  At the end of the 24 hours, the code is inactive and another person on the sequential reservation list would be given the opportunity to purchase the product.  When they are all exhausted additional Emails could be sent out with instructions on how to continue participation in the waiting list, if there is an interest.  I am a Microsoft fan and wish to protect an image that should represent integrity.

Dave

Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:41 PM