none
How to Copy VS Code to Forum topics? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to Copy Paste some code from my Visual Basic Code Editor window to Forum Post,

simple copy-paste command does paste the code but with Multiple line spacings

so tell me the correct way to copy

here the sample

Private

Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Me.taFirmInfo.Fill(Me.dsRTGS.FirmInfo)

Me.taCreditors.FillFull(Me.dsRTGS.Creditors)

Me.taFormNo404Entries.Fill(Me.dsRTGS.FormNo404Entries)

FocusSetting(

Me)

btnAddNew.PerformClick()

End Sub
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:19 AM

Answers

• Click on the blue box  with the </> in it at the top of the edit window to open the Insert Code Block window. Paste your code their and pick the programming language you are using, the click Insert to add the code to your post.

Beware. Editing your post after you have inserted a code block will destroy the formatting of the code. If you need to edit the post, copy the code first, delete the code, edit the post and finally insert the code again using the Insert Code Block window again.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:36 AM

All replies

• Click on the blue box  with the </> in it at the top of the edit window to open the Insert Code Block window. Paste your code their and pick the programming language you are using, the click Insert to add the code to your post.

Beware. Editing your post after you have inserted a code block will destroy the formatting of the code. If you need to edit the post, copy the code first, delete the code, edit the post and finally insert the code again using the Insert Code Block window again.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:36 AM
  • Hello

Thanks for reply

Please also tell me how to control the paragraph setting that when the enter key is hit the extra line is added to post block & pressing back space wont just delete that extra line

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:22 AM
  • The only way I can think of to change that behaviour, is to click "HTML" at the top of the edit window -
    and change the </p><p> tags that separate the paragraphs to a <br> tag (as I did following the "-" above).

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 10:17 AM