SahredView garbled view of inviter's desktop RRS feed

• Question

• I recently installed SharedView v1 (not the beta) and used it to collaborate with a colleague. It worked great and we were very impressed. We both have Dell D600 series laptops with WinXP Pro SP2 installed.

My colleague installed SV on a brand new Lenovo laptop he just got. It is running WinXP Pro SP3. He sent me an invitation to view his desktop and all I could see what a blue background with varying horizontal lines of varying lenght across the screen. His task bar was somewhat pixelated.

I scanned this forum and found a checklist for trying to resolve this problem.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Check 1.

Could you please run dxdiag?

Start -> Run -> Type 'dxdiag' -> Press ENTER

Allow DXDIAg to check WHQL signatures. 
    After it finishes checking WHQL click "
    Save All information" and upload the dxdiag.txt to the forum.

DONE but I don't know how to upload the file to the forum. Please advise

Check 2.

In DirectX diagnostic tool could you please switch to the '
    Display' tab and click 'Test DirectDraw'. Follow the test instructions.

Does your system passes all direct draw tests successfully?

Checks 1-2 helps us reproduce the problem in our lab.

Done. All tests passed.

Check 3.

On you desktop do a

Desktop right-click -> Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshoot.

You should be seeing Hardware acceleration slider. What is its current position?

Slider was at the right of the scale.

Check 4.

Move the
    hardware acceleration slider to None and start/restart SharedView. Start sharing and look at the preview. Do you still see the problem?

Done. No change in behavior.

Check 5.

Disable write combining
    . If it asks to reboot, do so. Start/restart SharedView. Start sharing and look at the preview. Do you still see the problem?

Done. No change in behavior.

Check 6.

Move the hardware acceleration slider to Full. Enable write combining
    . If it asks to reboot, do so. Start/restart SharedView. Start sharing and look at the preview. Do you still see the problem? 

Done and I still have the problem.

SharedView uses different algorithms for different hardware acceleration settings, checks 3-6 are designed to isolate the problem.

I gave up working on that situation with the intent to post this request later. I then worked with another colleague with a Dell D600 and installed SV on his machine and I invited him to view my desktop. Everything worked fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations to resolve this issue with the Lenovo laptop running XP Pro SP3? I believe it has an NVIDA video card as does mine but I don't have the model.

Friday, July 25, 2008 9:09 PM

All replies

•  

I am having the same trouble, but only on computer that are using Nvidia Quadra display card. Not on intel display card.

Hope this will help....if any one have find work around please let me know...

with regard
    Robert Dan

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 4:00 PM
  • Interesting observation. I am running a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M. I will check to see if my other PCs have the same type of board and if they have the same problem. I will advise. I'm also searching for a driver update. Mine is 6.14.11.119

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 4:25 PM
  • Have anyone found the solusion for this?

Robert Dan
    Thursday, October 23, 2008 9:52 AM