CRM4.0 Offline/Vista notebook/Office 2007 comes up "Internet explorer cannot display this page" RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

Can anyone help please.I have 1 Vista laptop with Office 2007 with CRM 4.0 offline installed. When I go offline it sync with the server and in Outlook itself.. when I go to view or add an account it comes comes up with "Internet Explorer cannot display this page". I have configured the hosts file by adding the crm server ipaddress, added the address under trusted sites, have disabled firewall and antivirus, reinstalled CRM and SQL Express 2005.I do not have any issues with XP notebook.

I have installed all CRM roll 3 etc & have run the CRM diagnostics wizards but no luck.

Thanks

Friday, May 8, 2009 3:47 AM

All replies

• You shouldn't need to add the crm server ip address to the hosts file as DNS should sort that out.

Anyway, you might have an IP6 issue with Vista. Would you check that you have a entry for localhost in your hosts file please?

Friday, May 8, 2009 12:21 PM
  • Hi Feridun, its all fixed now and working. The host file had 2 entries

127.0.0.1  localhost
    ::1 localhost

I only changed the host file to use the 127.0.0.1 and excluded the second one which i assume its for IPV6

127.0.0.1  localhost
    #::1 localhost

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 10:28 PM