none
Question gone missing. RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday morning I submitted a question about adding a 32-bit printer USB-connected to a Windows 7 32-bit system to a 64-bit Windows 7 system across local network.  I checked last night.  The questions was not there.  I logged in and clicked on My Threads.  I checked again this morning but it was still missing.
    Thursday, July 1, 2010 12:17 AM

Answers

• 1. Might have been moved to a forum that is not in your "My Threads" list.

2. Might have been deleted.

In both cases there must be a reason. the most likely reason is that it was posted to the wrong forum. In order to decide why it was moved/deleted we need more info such as what the Title was and to which forum it was posted.

Note: These are general comments. I wasn't the Moderator that moved/deleted it. (If that is what happened)

There's also 3.

3. The forum software was having one of its occasional glitches and didn't accept the post. This is however unlikely. More likely is that after selecting the forum your cursor jumped and in fact a different forum was selected. (It happens, especially with portables with over-enthusiastic mouse pads).

2010 Books: SPF 2010; SPS 2010; SPD 2010; InfoPath 2010; Workflow etc.
    2007 Books: WSS 3.0; MOSS 2007; SPD 2007; InfoPath 2007; PerformancePoint; SSRS; Workflow
    Both lists also include books in French; German; Spanish with even more languages in the 2007 list.
    • Marked as answer by healee Monday, July 12, 2010 11:13 PM
    Thursday, July 1, 2010 3:59 AM

All replies

• 1. Might have been moved to a forum that is not in your "My Threads" list.

2. Might have been deleted.

In both cases there must be a reason. the most likely reason is that it was posted to the wrong forum. In order to decide why it was moved/deleted we need more info such as what the Title was and to which forum it was posted.

Note: These are general comments. I wasn't the Moderator that moved/deleted it. (If that is what happened)

There's also 3.

3. The forum software was having one of its occasional glitches and didn't accept the post. This is however unlikely. More likely is that after selecting the forum your cursor jumped and in fact a different forum was selected. (It happens, especially with portables with over-enthusiastic mouse pads).

2007 Books: WSS 3.0; MOSS 2007; SPD 2007; InfoPath 2007; PerformancePoint; SSRS; Workflow
    Both lists also include books in French; German; Spanish with even more languages in the 2007 list.
    • Marked as answer by healee Monday, July 12, 2010 11:13 PM
    Thursday, July 1, 2010 3:59 AM
  • In whatever case, I suppose if I click on My Threads or My Alerts it should show up irrespective of what forum it goes to.  Don't you think so?  I can't remember word for word.  It is something like what I said in my first post of this thread.  If I still can't see it soon I shall submit it again.  At one time I did experience some delay before it shows up in the main area.

Somtimes I am not too sure when some of the threads show up wthout me signing in.  I have bookmarked My Threads.  So when I click on this bookmark it shows up some of my threads but not all until I sign in.

By the way, there are only answers.microsoft.com, social.microsoft.com, or technet.microsoft.com it might go to, mightn't it?  I shall search again.  I hope there would be a global search for all the Microsoft forums.

Thursday, July 1, 2010 8:33 AM
  • Yes, you are right about My Threads.

I use My Forum Threads all the time and so got confused between the two. Sorry.

If a thread has been deleted, though (rather than moved), it will only appear in My Threads for about five minutes after being deleted. After that you won't be able to see it listed.

Thursday, July 1, 2010 9:38 AM
  • Can you please tell me why I can see this thread though I can't reply when I enter URL http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/user/threads?user=healee without signing in but I can't see other threads from social.microsoft.com until I sign in?
    Saturday, July 3, 2010 1:12 PM