WHS account locked out RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I recently recently shut down my WHS and plugged it back in after about 2 weeks.  Now when I try to go to the folders that are on it, it tells me that the account has been locked out.  I cannot get in to change this as 1.) My usual account is locked out, and 2.) I don't know what the administrator account password is, and don't even remember setting up a password for it.  Is there any way I can get this to work again?  All of my stuff is located on this server.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The "administrator account password" is the password you use to login to the WHS Console.
    From the Console you should be abled to access the WHS user passwords.

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:01 AM
  • I know what the administrator account password does, I just don't know what it is.... I went in through the console and created another user, I'm going to see if that allows me to login through remote desktop so that I can unlock my main account that is locked out....
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:56 PM
  • The password for the administrator account on your server is the password you type to open the Windows Home Server console. If you don't know that password, hopefully you set a decent hint for it. :)

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:28 PM