"Get Windows 10" Icon on Taskbar and how to remove RRS feed

• Question

•    June 01 2015... "get Windows 10" icon appeared on Windows 7 desktop, on tasbar. No apparent way to remove OR close. Anyone else having this concern?

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 6:34 PM

Answers

• You need to remove windows update KB3035583   to get rid of the nag screen

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, June 2, 2015 8:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, June 10, 2015 5:00 PM
    Tuesday, June 2, 2015 6:39 PM

All replies

• You need to remove windows update KB3035583   to get rid of the nag screen

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, June 2, 2015 8:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, June 10, 2015 5:00 PM
    Tuesday, June 2, 2015 6:39 PM
  • I don't believe you can close this by saying you just need to uninstall KB KB3035583, I have done this on multiple Windows 7 machines and it did not remove the Windows 10 update icon on the task tray. I return to windows update and see that it is indeed unchecked, but the Windows 10 icon still appear.

I have installed Windows 10 on my other machines however I still have a lot of software that I rely on that just won't work on Windows 10. And I mean a lot of software, and they don't have new upgrades that work with Windows 10 or are non-existent today.

I have created VMs of Windows 7 just for these applications, however they too get this Windows 10 upgrade, and you cannot get it to go away.

A helpful option would be to right click on this Windows 10 icon, and provide the "Disable this alert".

Or, if you select to uninstall a windows update KB3035583, remove it so it doesn't appear.

Thank you, and yes, Windows 10 is the best OS Microsoft has come out with, going back to Windows before Win 2.0 with non-overlapping windows. :) Interesting how you can not somewhat have non-overlapping windows by slamming the windows to edge or corners. This is a very huge great option when you only have one screen.

Richard Loba

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 6:50 PM