Organization in wrong geographic location RRS feed

• Question

• Two institutions from the state of Bahia, Brazil, are incorrectly located in the academic map.

- Universidade do Estado da Bahia should be in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.

- Universidade Estadual de Santa Cruz should be in Ilhéus, Bahia, Brazil.

The same problem happens with other large organizations. Even the largest university in Brazil, University of Sao Paulo, is in the wrong location.

Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:11 PM

Answers

• Thanks for reporting this issue, we will look into it and make necessary fixes.
    • Marked as answer by Cherry CHE Thursday, February 2, 2012 6:05 AM
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 6:05 AM

All replies

• Thanks for reporting this issue, we will look into it and make necessary fixes.
    • Marked as answer by Cherry CHE Thursday, February 2, 2012 6:05 AM
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 6:05 AM
  • Thanks. We'll be waiting for updates in this area.

Monday, February 6, 2012 8:05 AM
  • We have the some problem in Portugal: Instituto Politécnico do Porto is in Porto, Portugal but it is placed near Bilbao, Spain...

Monday, April 2, 2012 11:09 AM
  • Dear Microsoft Academic Search team,

I have recently visited the Academic map to see how ranked is the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) amongst its neighbouring (in the geography domain) peers. Surprisingly I noticed that the BAS headquarters is misplaced... in Hungary. I would like to ask you to correct this annoying issue.

The Academy (BAS headquarters) address is:

"15 November" Str., 1040 Sofia, Bulgaria

I have noticed also that one of the institutes affiliated to BAS is presented on a wrong location. This institute name is National Institute of Hydrology and Meteorology at the BAS (NIMH-BAS). Here is its address:

66, Tsarigradsko shose Blvd., 1784 Sofia, Bulgaria

There is also other changes to be made to the Academy (BAS) profile, but I will make a new post in a more relevant section about this. In summary, there is an urgent need to avail the users of the site to geotag organizations, which will be approved after a review by your team. This will spare a lot of headache for you and the users. Thank you in advance for your consideration and consent.

Best regards,

Lachezar Filchev, PhD

Monday, January 7, 2013 11:59 AM