WRK for full time employees RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

As per the eligibility requirement of WRK; Windows Research Kernel requires academic affiliation with an accredited institution.

Is there a way for a full time employees in Microsoft to download the WRK for self-education?

I will appriciate your response.

Regards,

Jay

Monday, November 5, 2007 10:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In general, Microsoft employees should get access to the kernel sources themselves rather than the WRK.  The WRK sources are from WS03SP1. The Windows Academic Program materials are generally licensed for use by universities only.

Regards,

Alex

Friday, August 1, 2008 10:16 PM
  • Hi Alex ,

you are wrong there as well . Not all the Microsoft employees gets acces to WRK source code  or the Windows kernel source  .Even though if  you get access to the windows souce , it does not make much sense , its huge  .

Therefore i am writing a tiny protected mode  operating system  ,which is well doucumented  , so that all the kernel hackers can have a wack at it . If you want help in creating a dos like operating system  ( real mode ) , i can help you as well  .

Regards

Sandeep Mathew

Monday, August 4, 2008 4:25 AM
  • Alex, Sandeep,

Appritiate your response. I am actually looking for the WRK for self education as it is supposed to be nearer to NT family.

Windows Source is really huge and it's available to teams who work with it. I guess I was more interested to check if we have any initiative as SSCLI for WRK.

Sandeep, I will be happy to learn about your tiny OS as well.

~Jay

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:10 AM
  • Dear colleagues,

If you are MS FTE interested in access to WRK, please contact me directly via corporate e-mail (slidin). I don't think we need to overload an external forum with our internal discussions.

Thanks,

Serge

Friday, September 19, 2008 7:44 PM