How can I select a query in Advance Find to return all accounts with no activities related (Activities regarding Account) ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all
    I would like to select all the accounts with no activities in the Advance Find screen. I am not a deveoper but this query is important to plan future activities in selected accounts.
    It is straighforward to select the ones that have activities, but I don see how to select the ones tat don't have activities.
    Regards,
    Luis
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:25 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, Advanced Find does not support Outer Joins.  You would need to write your own View for seomthing like this.  One option would be to use the SDK to "clone" on of the Views similar to the Accounts with No Orders views and alter the FECTHXML to include the criteria you need.
    Matt, MVP - Dynamics CRM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:31 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, Advanced Find does not support Outer Joins.  You would need to write your own View for seomthing like this.  One option would be to use the SDK to "clone" on of the Views similar to the Accounts with No Orders views and alter the FECTHXML to include the criteria you need.
    Matt, MVP - Dynamics CRM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:31 PM
  • You can use a marketing list to add all accounts and then remove those with activities but that's about as good as it gets.

Leon Tribe

Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog

http://leontribe.blogspot.com/

or hear me tweet @leontribe
    Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog http://leontribe.blogspot.com/ or hear me tweet @leontribe
    • Proposed as answer by Leon TribeMVP Friday, October 30, 2009 8:26 AM
    Friday, October 30, 2009 8:25 AM
  • Thank you. This is limited functionality as the marketing lists are static.
    Regards,
    Luis
    Friday, October 30, 2009 6:07 PM
  • Thank you

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    mobili-decapati
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 11:18 AM