Password problem in UK RRS feed

• Question

• I have scanned various threads in the forum but haven't found an answer to my problem.

I have used MS Money for many years both for personal; and business accounts plus serving some small charities.

Today when I tried to open my business accounts it failed to recognise my password.  Clicking on forgotten your password just took me to a MSN page that was no use.  I am able to access some accounts but not this one VITAL file  How can I check my Microsoft.NET passport in case that is what i need.  I have checked and double checked what i am entering.  If I can't solve this it will be great for doing my annual tax retuirn!!  Aaaargh! 

Friday, May 23, 2014 9:34 AM

Answers

• I tried restoring from a backup and using the same password and IT WORKED!  I removed synchronisation just to keep it simple but will try to reset that later.  At least I can now access the records and print our reports.

I hope my experience might help others.

Friday, May 23, 2014 9:48 AM

All replies

• I tried restoring from a backup and using the same password and IT WORKED!  I removed synchronisation just to keep it simple but will try to reset that later.  At least I can now access the records and print our reports.

I hope my experience might help others.

Friday, May 23, 2014 9:48 AM
  • I am glad your backup file worked. It would be good to have a backup system where you have more than one version of the backup file. The reason is that if corruption occurred for some reason, and your only backups were backups of the corrupted version, that would be bad. Clearly your backup was not corrupted.

Synchronisation is not going to work.

Friday, May 30, 2014 4:12 PM