All computers show offline and server is broadcasting UDP datagrams ~500 per second RRS feed

• General discussion

• I noticed a whole bunch of traffic on my network this morning and opened wireshark to see our Small Business Server 2011 Essentials spamming around 500 UDP packets per second to 255.255.255.255. The destination port is 51003 and the packet simply contains the hostname of the server then 0x80 0x02 0x80 0x02.

Additionally, all the computers bar 1 are showing offline in the dashboard. The only one showing online is one that we added to the server very recently. The client backups are running as the client backup history states it has run (apparently) but we cannot recover from them as they display as offline.

I attempted a fix found in this forum which started by uninstalling office 365 (?) by running the command:

wusa /uninstall /kb:2569105

But windows update reported that the update wasn't installed in the first place.

I'm wondering if this could be related to a GPO we have that disables the launchpad from client computers? The GPO deletes the following key from the registry:

Properties

Hive HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Key path SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Value name

Launchpad

However I'm not convinced it could be this since we have installed SBS2011 updates in the past on the server and the computers initially go offline until they install the update, which is the next time they reboot.

Any help with this problem is appreciated. 

Cheers,

Ben.

• Changed type Andy Qi Monday, July 8, 2013 10:09 AM
    Sunday, June 30, 2013 11:42 PM

All replies

• The server has now stopped broadcasting the UDP packets at such a high rate, without changing anything.

However the computers still display offline.

Sunday, July 7, 2013 11:36 PM