Can't sync or move folder RRS feed

• Question

• So on one machine I added a folder to mesh and specified to sync only with another computer but not the Live Desktop.

On the other computer, this folder showed up on the desktop. But none of the files synced, they all just show up as placeholders with .wlx extension. Also when I go into mesh setting the Location text box and browse button are greyed out so I can't move this folder anywhere other than the desktop.

I read that there may be a bug with P2P syncing and that the .wlx issue should be resolved by addin the Live Desktop  to the sync list. So I did this. The files do sync to the Live Desktop now, but still don't sync to the second computer.

So then I deleted the folder on the second computer from the desktop, created a new empty folder with the same name in the location where I wanted it and added that to the mesh. It asked me if I wanted to merge it so I said yes and it turned into a blue folder. However, when I open the folder, I'm still only getting *.wlx files and no actual syncing.

Why won't this folder sync and why can't I change the location field in the mesh settings? If I recall correclty, with an earlier version of Mesh there would be a shortcut on the desktop for new syncing folders then it would ask me where I want it when I first open the shortcut and the location field also worked. Have these features been purposely removed?

Thanks.
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 3:16 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately not - currently Mesh will sync when it thinks it's best (after files change etc) rather than at any other time. I believe, though, that it is a common request on Connect to have this feature implemented in a future version.
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:16 PM

All replies

• OKay, it finally did sync! Is there any way to force a sync NOW?

Thanks.
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 3:28 AM
  • Unfortunately not - currently Mesh will sync when it thinks it's best (after files change etc) rather than at any other time. I believe, though, that it is a common request on Connect to have this feature implemented in a future version.
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:16 PM