How many devices can be added to your mesh? RRS feed

• Question

•       I have added 4 devices so far to my mesh and when adding the fifth I have run in to an issue with the software not starting after installation (I have noted others on this forum have had the same issue).  I am curious if there is currently a limit to how many devices can be added to your mesh or if there is some  other issue preventing the install from completing.  Also could someone confirm the system requirements, the mentioned system only has 512 of memory and I am wondering if this could also be causing the issue.  Thanks in advance.
    Thursday, May 29, 2008 5:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Troyleb,
    We do have a limit to the number of devices a user's mesh can have, but it's likely more than anyone would realistically have.  Glad to hear that your problem resolved itself.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Richard Chung [ Live Mesh ]
    Thursday, May 29, 2008 5:08 PM
    Answerer

All replies

•  Resolved.  After logging in today it finally started and asked for my ID to login. 
    Thursday, May 29, 2008 3:09 PM
  • Hi Troyleb,
    We do have a limit to the number of devices a user's mesh can have, but it's likely more than anyone would realistically have.  Glad to hear that your problem resolved itself.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Richard Chung [ Live Mesh ]
    Thursday, May 29, 2008 5:08 PM
    Answerer
  •  The picture of my Mesh on the Live Desktop devices is starting to get crowded. :-) There's 7 PCs there now and I'll probably add one more physical machine - perhaps 2. If there was a way to deal with the corporate proxy at my office, I'd have another 2 machines or so to add. I await the ability to add my Windows Mobile device, Zune, Windows Home Server, and xbox 360.

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Friday, May 30, 2008 2:02 PM