none
Why am I receiving points for answering Forum question which I didn't answer? RRS feed

• Question

• I looked at my activity a little bit ago and it says I quickly answered a question for Program crashes when the input is cleared which Kareninstructor answered.

I do see where I was selected as the answerer in one post by the OP then deselected as obviously I was wrong but somehow I maintain points for being selected as an answerer which seems rather poor logic for whatever programming MS uses for these things.

IMO MS is out in the weeds anyhow especially concerning Forums much less all their other software but really doesn't anything embarrass MS anymore about all these constant failures which seem to continue with disregard for so much time until some form of correction occurs?

Then again the U.S. bailed out Chrysler who's in the knows allowed over 100 American citizens to get burned to death due to fuel tank failures and who knows how many others to just burn and not much was heard about that. But dang if VW's code to alter emissions became some amazing story which lasted for weeks shortly after the Chrysler issue and cost billions in fines. Simply amazing what goes on in corporations nowadays. I don't remember billions in fines for Chrysler for man slaughtering Americans or anybody in the know going to prison. Heck China executed some pet food dude for exporting pet food to the U.S. which killed pets a few years back.

Anyhow MS seems out of control nowadays, much more so than previous years.

La vida loca

Saturday, December 31, 2016 8:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• I think you're right. The "unmarked" event got missed somehow. Maybe too quick? I'd send an email to fissues [at] microsoft [dot]com so they can investigate.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, December 31, 2016 2:06 PM
  • I believe I have noticed this before, but it is very hard to confirm.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Saturday, December 31, 2016 3:59 PM
  • Normally when answer is unmarked, the points are properly deducted, but there is no event for this. So, it would be very hard to follow up and confirm that the deduction happened or not.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Sunday, January 1, 2017 10:21 PM
  • I am pretty sure that in some cases part of the points are not deducted :-)

For example if the OP marked the answer and an "answerer" unmarked it, then you still get part of the points, since there are different number of points that you can get/deduct according to different type of people that mark it.

* This mean that theoretically people can cheat the system and give any number of points from single answer (mark [+20] -> unmark [-15] -> and so on...).

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Sunday, January 29, 2017 2:06 PM