off topic - Error Messages when re-installing or removing softward: 1303, 1603 access denied etc. RRS feed

• General discussion

• After hard drive wipe & subsequent install then uninstall of SP3  by it tech, I as administrator have lost control of my pc. I can't reinstall, delete, uninstall programs. Especially any Intuit programs. REturned comptuer, was told it was fixed by removing XP3. Wrong. I can't install my HP products properly , can't reinstall Quicken , can't delete them to reinstall as advised by HP & Intuit. Receive ongoing error messages about Access Denied or Don't have Permission to....

Friday, September 12, 2008 3:25 PM

All replies

• You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

However, I'd suggest going back to the place that continues to insist that all is well or contact HP support for help with recovering the PC to factory defaults.

-steve

Friday, September 12, 2008 6:46 PM
  • Sorry, after searching for hours/days/weeks for help, this was the only thing I could log into.

I'm having problem with my computer and certain things down't download properly, like other microsoft sites.

I don't have time to keep returning and insisting.............I've lost months already to this problem and being self employed, it not only gets costly, but it ruins my ability to do my job.

I knew I wouldn't get any help from microsoft unless I shelled out more money.  I was absurely hopeful when I found this forum.

Thanks

Saturday, September 13, 2008 5:46 PM