Crystal report 2010 loading error RRS feed

• Question

• Crystal report 2010  error.

I cant declare

Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine
    Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared

If i go add the above said statements in the addreference tap..both the statements are not sowing..

Mine in .Netframework version 4 

• Edited by vnudupa Saturday, December 13, 2014 4:32 PM
    • Moved by Carl Cai Monday, December 15, 2014 1:54 AM more related to suggested forum
    Saturday, December 13, 2014 4:22 PM

Answers

• SAP has their own community for forums and support for Crystal Reports which is third party software.

However the reference manager in Visual Studio is for adding a reference to your application. Not for adding Imports statements to your application. Imports statements are added manually in your applications appropriate code window.

References are different in that some will let you import namespaces within them without specifically referencing those namespaces and others for some reason will require the actual namespace to be referenced (which means you will not need an imports statement at that point) which seems strange to me. But I don't know why that needs to be performed differently for different references.

However if I have to reference anything in a project other than the references that are automatically selected by Visual Studio then I always note that in my code or add an Imports statement anyhow even if unecessary so anybody looking at the code can see what is necessary and or how to reference the assembly.

La vida loca

• Edited by Mr. Monkeyboy Saturday, December 13, 2014 6:12 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Carl Cai Monday, December 15, 2014 1:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, December 31, 2014 11:30 PM
    Saturday, December 13, 2014 6:10 PM