Some Shared Folders not Showing up in HomeGroup RRS feed

• Question

• I have about eight folders on WHS Vail Preview Refresh that are shared with the HomeGroup.  However, only six of them show up when accessing the Home Server through Homegroup on the client computers.  I can access those two through Network->Homeserver, but not through the HomeGroup.  I've tried opening up the sharing of these folders to all users, and I've also tried restarting both the server and the clients, but nothing changes.

Any ideas why two of them just won't appear?

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 12:49 AM

All replies

• I have about eight folders on WHS Vail Preview Refresh that are shared with the HomeGroup.  However, only six of them show up when accessing the Home Server through Homegroup on the client computers.  I can access those two through Network->Homeserver, but not through the HomeGroup.  I've tried opening up the sharing of these folders to all users, and I've also tried restarting both the server and the clients, but nothing changes.

Any ideas why two of them just won't appear?

Are those 2 shares user-created shares?  If so, are the 6 that do work default shares (ones that are part of the OS install)?
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 4:16 AM
  • The two folders that are not showing up are user created shares.  However, there are also two other user created shares that show up along with 4 work default shares.  That's why it doesn't make sense to me.
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:26 AM
  • Any ideas?  Anyone?
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:28 AM
  • I am having some issues with sharing as well. In the dashboard under users accounts, many folders are not listed at all. I changed from sharing via homegroups but the options I set under advanced sharing got reset?! I am also seeing some weird data corruption issues with large files (yes I applied the hot fix after initial install). I am losing hope with Vail.
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 5:16 AM
  • Have you submitted any bug reports on Connect?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 10:01 AM