Knocked off of Windows Internet Explorer by One Care tune-up RRS feed

• Question

• My One Care tune-up is not scheduled  to come one until 3am, it was 10pm when tune-up decided to start ALL ON ITS OWN while I was pressing the confirm key after entering credit card information. I have known way of knowing if the card was accepted by the website I was on or not. The dollar amount is such that I will have to verify it Monday so it is not duplicated.

Let alone tune-up starting on its own but shouldn't it warn you that it needs to shut Windows Internet Explorer down prior to starting up AND why would it start when the auto scheduler time has not come to be.

My questions;  Why would One Care tune-up start on its own at a time it is not scheduled for?

And why is there no spell checker for this post?

Monday, September 15, 2008 4:10 AM

Answers

• I would recommend contacting OneCare support.

OneCare Tune-up might slow down the PC, but it should not close down *any* programs. It also throws a balloon in the system tray when it is about to run. So, I'm suspicious of the way things transpired. It should respect the scheduled start time, too. There were some issues with the settings that could happen depending on what was changed - date/time/frequency - where one caused the other to be ignored in some situation. I don't know if that defect was ever resolved, but you may have run into it.

The new version of the communities platform includes a spell checker. I don't know when the OneCare forum will transition to the new platform.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:00 PM

All replies

• inspectit,

Thank you for visiting the OneCare program forum.

OneCare will first run the tune-up with the previous time and date before running it on the rescheduled time and date.

You can set the tune-up to run at a scheduled time and date. 

Please make sure that your time and date on the system is current.

Please contact Support if this issue is persistant:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

I hope this helps,

Lori MS

Monday, September 22, 2008 4:58 PM
  • I would recommend contacting OneCare support.

OneCare Tune-up might slow down the PC, but it should not close down *any* programs. It also throws a balloon in the system tray when it is about to run. So, I'm suspicious of the way things transpired. It should respect the scheduled start time, too. There were some issues with the settings that could happen depending on what was changed - date/time/frequency - where one caused the other to be ignored in some situation. I don't know if that defect was ever resolved, but you may have run into it.

The new version of the communities platform includes a spell checker. I don't know when the OneCare forum will transition to the new platform.

-steve

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:00 PM