none
The reloading issue is fixed, right?

Answers

• This is the issue: There should be a way to select or deselect multiple forums without reloading the list of posts after each click.

Tracked on this page: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/17968.new-forums-design-suggestions-impressions-ideas.aspx#Community_Suggestions

Seems to be fixed. If so, let's move it to the Fixed section.

How is it fixed? I'm not really sure it can be "fixed", unless the forums provide a method for saving multiple views.

You can add forums to My Forums, but My Forums Threads gives only a single view.

For me, saving the URL's of different views in my browser is the best method.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:04 AM
  • This is the issue: There should be a way to select or deselect multiple forums without reloading the list of posts after each click.

Seems to be fixed.

"Fixed" = WAD?

Changing the list of forums automatically changes the list of threads that that new list of forums implies.  In contrast we have Answers forums which requires a Submit before any action on a changed list takes effect.  People complain about that procedure too.  You can't win.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:01 PM

All replies

Tracked on this page: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/17968.new-forums-design-suggestions-impressions-ideas.aspx#Community_Suggestions

Seems to be fixed. If so, let's move it to the Fixed section.

How is it fixed? I'm not really sure it can be "fixed", unless the forums provide a method for saving multiple views.

You can add forums to My Forums, but My Forums Threads gives only a single view.

For me, saving the URL's of different views in my browser is the best method.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:04 AM

Seems to be fixed.

"Fixed" = WAD?

Changing the list of forums automatically changes the list of threads that that new list of forums implies.  In contrast we have Answers forums which requires a Submit before any action on a changed list takes effect.  People complain about that procedure too.  You can't win.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:01 PM

Seems to be fixed.

"Fixed" = WAD?

What does "Fixed" = WAD mean?

The Answers method of selecting a forum or forums using drop-downs is more intuitive, but less flexible because you cannot create arbitrary collections of forums.

I think having to apply the selection (rather than having it appear immediately) is OK, but I think the mechanism is confusing. The Apply button is in two places, but what I always want to do is click the arrow in the right pane.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:16 AM