Project Server 2010 Team Assignment? RRS feed

• Question

• In order to use team assignments in Project server 2010, following are the configuration i did:

1. created lookup table with the relevant team names

2. associated the lookup table with the resource type Team name enterprise field

3. edit the 2 existing enterprise resources, and select the team for them.

4. created the work generic resource, associated him with the same team name, and marked the team assignment pool for that generic resource.

created project, created task, add that work generic resource in to the project, and created the assignment using the same same resource. published the project, nothing happend!

none of the membr of the team has recieved any assignment notification, neither the task appeard in their My task page.

after a lenghty research, i have found that generic resource do not have default assignmet owner field. even though it do not make any sense to me, i have removed the generic resource, and marked team assignmnent pool check box of one the other resource. nothing happend again !

i also cant see the, SELF ASSIGN TEAM TASK, in My tasks option of the Project server 2010. could someone please help me with this. i can find any help related to team assignment over the net. the blogs i can find are atelast of 2-3 yrs old, and all for the PS 2007;

please help, its urgent.

Sunday, July 4, 2010 12:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

there is no notification for team members. It requires some discipline to check if there are team task to self-assign to.

You will find team tasks at Tasks - Insert Row - Insert Team Tasks. You can use generic resources, there is no need for a default assignment owner for a team resource. You only need to make sure that your booking type is set to 'Committed".

Hope that helps?
    Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 8:53 AM