importing workflows as "deactivated"? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey All,

following issue:

i need to export deactivated workflows in an unmanaged solution, import the solution in another organisation but the workflows should be still deactivated. 

is this possible?

regards 

markus

Sunday, May 5, 2013 3:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Should work - just make sure when you import you leave the box unchecked to activate any processes....

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Sunday, May 5, 2013 8:38 PM
  • thx jason, 

i will try it and post the result here :)

Sunday, May 5, 2013 8:47 PM
  • yes jason is correct just uncheck the activate process so that they wont be imported as an activated process.

puja jain

• Proposed as answer by Puja Jain Monday, May 6, 2013 1:28 PM
    Monday, May 6, 2013 1:20 PM
  • it works like Jason said.

we import the solutions via self developed tool, so there was no way to uncheck the box for activating... but we solved this issue !

thx

Monday, May 6, 2013 1:29 PM
  • Ok i`ve got another question to this issue:

is it possible to Import a solution with some Workflows activated and some Workflows deactivated?

regards Markus

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:10 AM
  • As far as i know it is not possible to import a single solution with some  activated and some deactivated workflows.

puja jain

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:55 AM
  • ok, but how can i make it possible? with a plugin or otherwise in c# ?

1. we want to import the solution to several organisations with activated and deactivated workflows.

2. we want to update this organisations, in which we have the activated and deactivated workflows. the workflows which are deactivated should stay deactivated and the workflows which   are activated should stay activated :)

it is a bit complicated to explain....

if anyone know a way to solve this, please post it here !

regards Markus

• Edited by MaH85 Tuesday, May 7, 2013 12:37 PM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 12:32 PM
  • You could create two solutions(1. Activated. 2. Deactivated. ) for your workflows and import these solutions one bye one.

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 12:41 PM
  • You need to create two solutions one for activated workflows and second for deactivated  workflows

puja jain

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 12:48 PM