none
problem with spam filters RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to find where to get help, or to post a problem. Don't know if this is it.

I have my Hotmail set up to only allow people on my safe senders list to come to my inbox. However, in the last few days I've been getting emails sneaking through to my inbox. They are very clearly spam, phishing, etc. they have email addresses I would never have added to any of my lists, including what look like emojis as part of the email address. what's going on? How do I stop these? Or do I just change away from Hotmail after 25 years and go to a paid service somewhere else?

Sunday, January 19, 2020 12:00 PM

All replies

• Same thing started happening to me yesterday.  I normally get about 100 spams a day and they were all going to my Junk mailbox.  Now they're all going to my Inbox.  It's a gigantic PITA to switch email addresses but if this doesn't stop then I'm gone.  Like you, I've been using Hotmail/Live since it began.
    Sunday, January 19, 2020 3:20 PM
  • Same thing happened to me starting before 10pm on Friday night 1/17. I'm about to lose my mind over this as there are HUNDREDS of junk emails now getting to my inbox daily. Microsoft you need to do something! I've had my account since 1998 and don't want to change, but this is not sustainable.
    Monday, January 20, 2020 3:20 AM