I can't change settings for the backup. RRS feed

• Question

•  

We just installed One Care on my daughter new PC and Laptop from Dell. We tried to set them up in the circle but it wouldn't allow me to change the backup settings so we uninstalled thinking that might help. Well the same issue. It states that the backup as allready been set up by the account owner. We are signed in under an admin user. I can not figure it out.

She also has a Linksys Wireless Router and that set up fine.

Well we want to change the backups we would rather do backup on our own.

Can someone tell me what I need to do?

Thank you, kayjays

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:19 PM

Answers

• If you configured OneCare backup on your daughter's PC under her ID, you will need to open OneCare, click change settings, and configure backup for her PC under her ID.

If you configured Centralized backup on the hub, go back to the hub, open OneCare, click Change Settings, go to the Backup tab, click configure backup, then change settings in the lower left, and uncheck the option for "Only allow these settings to be changed on a hub PC." Then click on her PC name from the left and uncheck the "turn on backup on this PC" and save the settings.

If you are unable to do this and need more help, please contact OneCare support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Thursday, January 31, 2008 1:09 PM