MS Money Password Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone help me open my MS Money file? I was using Live ID email and password but have forgotten the password (many years of just opening the file). I tried to change the password associated with the email address but that doesn't work. All my household financial information is in the file.

I installed the Sunset version when Microsoft discontinued the product.

Your help gratefully appreciated.

D

Saturday, January 18, 2014 5:04 PM

All replies

• You must use the password stored in Money, not any later LiveID version you have changed.

If you have changed your LiveID password, disconnect from the internet and try until you find the correct version (the saved password may give you immediate access). The password is verified online if you are connected to the net.

There are no password hacks or cracks for Money. If you do not know the password you cannot access your data.

Saturday, January 18, 2014 6:52 PM
  • Hi,

I have same problem, but I know exactly my password under M$Money and so I used a methode with "work offline" for a long time. And Then we received a new security policy, my password is now too simple (numbers only), I can not go back since one or two years!

Now, I want to desactivate all password, but I've not a solution to resolve.

I'd like change LiveId temporaly and how ?

thanks

Nicolas

Sunday, January 26, 2014 6:30 PM

• Dominic
    Thanks for your answer quickly

But I procede a procedure to remove a password from M$Money : (sorry, my version is French, I try to translate)
    - Gestionnaire des mots de passe (Manage a password )
    - supprimer (suppress/delete a password)

Pour effectuer cette modification, vous devez vous connecter à Money alors que vous êtes en ligne. Pour continuer, fermez Money, redémarrez-le, puis connectez-vous à Money alors que vous êtes en ligne. Revenez ensuite sur cette page.

(To make this change, you must log in Money while you are online. To continue, close Money, restart, and log in Money while you are online. Then come back to this page.)

=> must to reconnect with LiveID and to process from Manage Password ....

nota : Version M$Money is 2005 (V14)

Nicolas

• Edited by tapisrv Saturday, February 1, 2014 9:53 PM
    Sunday, January 26, 2014 8:32 PM
  • Hi

Have you a suggestion ? And this money 2005 are many bug ...

Because I cannot to upgrade on Money SunSet and this password is not compliant. 

My dream is turn off a rule of security temporarily :

from : Minimum 8 characters differentiates uppercase and lowercase

to : 6 numbers of number only

under : https://account.live.com/password/Change and I manage to remove my password ...

Thanks for advance

Nicolas

• Edited by tapisrv Saturday, February 1, 2014 10:33 PM
    Saturday, February 1, 2014 9:53 PM
  • Money does not work with Microsoft LiveID.  It stopped working two years ago.  As DominicP noted in a post above,

If you disconnect from the internet you can log into your Money file with your old LiveID password and then change to a password within Money. The password can be anything you want.  It can even be blank, - that is, there is no password.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Bill Becker

Sunday, February 2, 2014 1:38 AM