quicken 2009 vs Money RRS feed

• Question

• I have Quicken Home & Buisiness 2009 Realease R 2

I've was using Microsoft Money 2002 than I downloading Microsoft Money Sunset program.

I can't access my money account to import to quicken.  Has all my information.  Password protected.  Is there a program to unlock the password? 

Thank you.

Dominique

Do I have to purchase a newer version for this ... I have Quicken Home & Business 2009 Release R 2 (Canadian Edition)?

The new Money Converter can open password protected Money files, as well as Windows Live ID protected files.
    To ensure consistent data conversion, the new Money Converter requires Microsoft Money 2007 or 2008 to be installed, and will allow conversions of files from those version only.  For those of you running previous versions of Money, I believe there's a plan to allow you to download a free trial version of Money 2008 so you can convert your older Money file(s) to Money 2008, and then import to Quicken.  I do not have full details on this, but Intuit will make sure these instructions are published............from DanG

____________________________________________________________________________

q.lurker , Volunteer now using 2014 H&B
    The conversion module to take from Money Sunset version to Quicken was very late addition to QW2009 US.  I doubt that it was ever implemented in QW2009 Canadian.  Therefore, for the most effective conversion, you would need QW2010.  Even that continued to evolve through several US releases, and the Canadian version has never been as fully revised as the US versions have been.  My bottom line would be to suggest Canadian QW2011 (via eBay or similar) or later (via more traditional resellers).  

I think you may have to address the Money password issue through MS Money / Microsoft forums.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 12:55 AM

All replies

• I think that the process would be:

- download an install Money Sunset (second "sticky" in this forum)

- open your Money 2002 file with Money Sunset.  Use the same password that you used for Money 2002.

This will convert your Money 2002 file to the Money Sunset format which Quicken should then be able to read and create a Quicken file.

If you have forgotten your password, that is a different problem.  Post back with how you make out.

Bill Becker

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 1:40 AM
  • Yes, I have forgotten the password ... Is there any to change it so it renew with microsoft outlook on line? Thank you. Dominique

Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:56 PM
  • Do not change your Microsoft password.  Your Money 2002 file will require the password that was in effect when you could open that file with Money 2002.

If you still have the Money 2002 program available, open your Money 2002 file with it and then remove your password. I don't have Money 2002, but I think that you do that with something like File>Password Manager.

If it is a Microsoft password that is linked to an email address, then you need to do these additional steps:

- disconnect from the internet.  Do this by pulling your internet connection plug or disabling wireless access.

- Open Money 2002 and check "I want to sign into Money directly, without access to all online services", or something similar.

Then, remove your password.

Let us know if this works.

Bill Becker

Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:22 PM