Download of windows 10 messed up my homeserver 2011 can not get connector working RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to get in touch with customer service? I upgraded to Windows 10 only to discover that my windows server connector no longer was functioning. I went back to Windows 7 still not working. I tried uninstalling then reinstalling but I can't reinstall and although I have uninstalled it I keep getting the message that I can't install until I uninstall.  I cannot uninstall or reinstall. There are windows server program files still on my computer is there any way to go through an manually delete all windows server connect files?  I have tried all the trouble shooters.  I no longer have access to the access panel and my network share isn't working either.  Everything was fine before the update. Any help would be appreciated keeping in mind I have been through all the help forums and tried the restarts and deleting temp files ect.
    • Edited by bentmusic Sunday, November 8, 2015 3:05 PM
    Sunday, November 8, 2015 3:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that the Connector can’t be un-installed/re-installed.

Disable anti-virus software(if any) on the client, then reboot the system and try to un-install again. 

In general, we recommend to un-install the connector before system upgrade, and re-install the connector after completing the upgrade. 

If the problem persists:
    1. Find the log file(ClientCore.msi.log) located on the client computer at %programdata%/Microsoft/Windows Server/Logs. 
    2. What is the current OS version of the client?
    3. Detail information of the error message.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:20 AM