CRM for Outlook and customizations RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, This is just a quick question.

My client's sale people will be using CRM for Outlook externally (not inside the domain) and as such i have configured CRM for IFD.  I seem to remember reading somewhere that some customizations or form scripts will not be available when using the CRM for Outlook client but I can't remember what customizations users of Outlook do and don't see.

Can someone please clarify?

Friday, September 24, 2010 9:29 AM

Answers

• I not sure if there is some limitation for customization, as you can enable your customization for outlook client with offline access also.

From SDK

Enabling Your Customizations

To enable your customizations, in the Navigation Pane, click Settings, click Administration, and then click System Settings. Select the Customization tab. In the Custom menus and toolbars area, set the Clients value to include the clients to enable custom controls. You can select any combination of clients.

The available clients are as follows:

• Outlook (Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook)
    • Outlook Offline (Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook with Offline Access)
    • Web Application

Mahain : http://mahenderpal.wordpress.com

Friday, September 24, 2010 10:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I might have been thinking about when using CRM for Outlook with offline access that some customizations will not be available.

does that sound correct?

Friday, September 24, 2010 9:58 AM
  • I not sure if there is some limitation for customization, as you can enable your customization for outlook client with offline access also.

From SDK

Enabling Your Customizations

To enable your customizations, in the Navigation Pane, click Settings, click Administration, and then click System Settings. Select the Customization tab. In the Custom menus and toolbars area, set the Clients value to include the clients to enable custom controls. You can select any combination of clients.

The available clients are as follows:

• Outlook (Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook)
    • Outlook Offline (Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook with Offline Access)
    • Web Application

Mahain : http://mahenderpal.wordpress.com

Friday, September 24, 2010 10:16 AM
  • hi Mahender,

I will check this out.  Thanks for the reply.

Friday, September 24, 2010 10:53 AM