Typicall erorrs during deployment/installation RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi

I'm working on small research regarding most typical erorrs during deployment of MS CRM 4.0 and some statistics about these erorrs.

Could you advise on some links wich has such data or give some data from your own expierence?

for example 2% of all installations fails because not enough space or 10% of all erorrs are because of wrong version of OS.

I've tried google but havn't found anything usefull.

(An idea of this research for universitity is to identify most typical erorrs for this SW and then use some kind of agile/smart technology to detect if any of these errors are present during installation of other SW.

for example - wrong version of OS, installator don't have rights, no connection to AD etc etc)

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:44 PM

Answers

• If you need some data to produce stats, I can send you the log files of every installation I've done. 
    Friday, December 12, 2008 4:09 PM

All replies

• I would say 99% of errors comes from poor deployment planning Wink. You should not face any errors if you planned your deployment properly. The Environmental Diagnostic Wizard checks for most common error which eliminates major amount of possible errors. 
    Friday, December 12, 2008 4:05 PM
  • If you need some data to produce stats, I can send you the log files of every installation I've done. 
    Friday, December 12, 2008 4:09 PM
  • Hi

That would be great - could you send to gintsp  at gmail . com?
    Friday, December 12, 2008 8:39 PM